Introduction to Green Technology
The SEI Introduction to Green Technology course is a semester or year-long UC A-G, D – Lab Science course that introduces students to career opportunities in sustainable STEM fields. Designed to meet the California Career Technical Education Standards for the Energy, Environment, and Utilities (EEU) sector, students conduct a series of scaffolded projects:
- Assess climate change impacts
- Carbon footprint analysis
- School or home energy audit
- Wind turbine design competition
- Solar car design/build
- Solar USB (phone) charger build
- Make biodiesel
- Create climate protection policy plan
The course is supplemented by suggested field trips and shadowing of energy professionals in the field.
View the preview here.