- Career Technical Courses
- Energy and Environmental Design
Energy and Environmental Design
The SEI Energy and Environmental Design course is a semester or year-long course, with the Introduction to Green Technology course as a pre-requisite. Students complete in-depth projects related to sustainable design, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. The course is in the process of UC A-G, G – Elective course approval. With the Introduction to Green Technology course, this series offers complete coverage of California Career Technical Education standards for the EEU Energy and Technology Pathway. Students will conduct the following projects:
- Develop a Zero Net Energy Plan for your school:
- Utility Bill Analysis
- Conservation Action Plan
- School Energy Audit and Report
- School Solar Analysis & Design with Report on Recommendations
- Culminating presentation of ZNE recommendations to their School Board
- Solar Installation Projects: ground-mounted and residential rooftop system installation
- Build a Residential Circuit
- Design a Green Building
The course is supplemented by suggested field trips and internships in the green technology field.
View the preview here.